A tsunami was supposed to hit us on Saturday! Chile had an earthquake and it was supposed to cause a tsunami to come to Hawaii! I had no idea this had happened in the night and when I was up with Teague Saturday morning we were watching TV and I heard a horrible sound. It was like a train/screaching/who knows what but it was extremely loud. Why I didn't do anything I don't know? I guess I thought it was a train but why did I think that? There are NO trains in Hawaii. It was weird. Maybe because it was so early in the morning I wasn't thinking. Well it wasn't until I got online to look at my email did I see on yahoo that Hawaii was sounding the tsunami sirens and then it clicked! Dan didn't listen to me when I told him the roads were being closed and he went on a hike with his friend anyway. He said the highway was dead and no one was out. I didn't realize how eerie it was until I went out to buy some frosting and there were hardly ANY cars at noon! Usually there are cars everywhere and people walking all over. Not Saturday. It was strange that people actually stayed home! It was like I had entered the movie "I am Legend" and was the only person left on earth after the tsunami! But the funny thing is there was no tsunami to speak of. The news people spent the ENTIRE morning and afternoon with a camera on the coast and them talking in the background about survival rates. It was so funny that one guy actually said, "what would the survival rates be?" and the other news guy said, "well since we have been warned and no one is around the beach I think survival would be 100%" It was so dumb! I just wanted to go to the beach with my friends. Is that too much to ask? Did we have to miss out on a Saturday at the beach? They closed everything for NOTHING. They said on the news, "no one use your phones, no one call 911" HA! What if you were really needing 911? It was a strange day.
Dan got some pictures of the change in ocean tide...that's about all that happened. The water receded a little bit.
Usually you can't see that sand like that.
I am glad there wasn't a Tsunami. It was just a strange day.
Scary!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad there was no Tsunami. I was thinking of you.
ReplyDelete